New Vision has worked with new and existing companies to help them grow operations in the Yakima Valley. We are proud of our successes and pleased to work with businesses that are investing in our regional economy.
Results and Return on Investment
YCDA commissioned an independent study of our accomplishments in 2013. The study completed by the Cascade Planning Group analyzed the association's impacts over the last five years (2009-2013) and over the association’s lifetime (27+ years).
Past Five Years
- YCDA materially helped 12 firms locate or expand in Yakima County.
- These firms have made investments in facilities and equipment totaling $82.2 million,
- The businesses created 410 new jobs (with more anticipated).
- These jobs pay an estimated $12.7 million annually in wages/salaries.
Since the Beginning
- Since 1987, YCDA has materially assisted 43 firms to locate or expand in Yakima County.
- These firms have made investments in facilities and equipment totaling $420 million
- Companies receiving YCDA assistance have created over 2,850 new jobs.
- 2,850 direct jobs represent 6.3% of the net job growth within Yakima County from 1987-2013.
- Workers earn an estimated $91.9 million annually in wages and salaries.
Since its inception New Vision has generated $64 of local economic activity for every dollar invested in the association.
Our results stem from team efforts and New Vision cannot take full credit for these business development success stories. Our hats are off to the companies who have invested in the Yakima Valley and added to local payrolls. We also appreciate all the help from our partners on these business projects. We win when we work together.
"We appreciated New Vision's assistance as we launched Liberty Bottles. The development association helped us publicize our new company, find qualified employees and ensure that we got off to a good start in Union Gap." - Tim Andis, Liberty Bottleworks