Eight Entrepreneurs Advance in Enterprise Challenge Bizplan Contest
December 12, 2014
The Yakima County Development Association and Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce are pleased to announce that eight emerging businesses are advancing to the final round of the Enterprise Challenge business plan contest. These entrepreneurs were selected by a group of 22 judges that met with and evaluated business plan contestants at an afternoon trade show recently.
Based on their scores and evaluations, the judges ultimately picked the following companies to move on in our contest:
- Pride Jui Jitsu offers professional jiu jitsu classes for all ages and skill levels. They hope to offer Muay Tai classes and cardio classes as well.
- Green Triangle Corporation in Yakima offers a unique system of processing organic waste into a complete and balanced organic certified based plant food, making composting unnecessary.
- Chestnut Market is a Yakima start up gourmet deli and grocery offering tasty unique specialty food items as well as kitchenware and retail items.
- Wine Country Inn at Zillah Lakes will be a distinctive boutique Inn facing Zillah lakes and Mount Adams offering all the outdoor amenities of the Valley.
- Wink Eyelash Studio specializes in semi-permanent eyelash extensions for fuller, thicker, and longer lashes.
- Nana Kate’s is a specialty bakery located in Selah that uses local, organic ingredients that make for delectable snacks that are healthy, made from scratch, and include gluten free and vegan options. We are Home Made Goodness just like Grandma’s house.
- Imogene’s is a Yakima based fresh catering company and food truck serving menus unique to each event.
- Claim Clothing is a new business located in downtown Ellensburg, Washington. We provide young contemporary women's clothing, denim, jewelry, accessories and handcrafted home goods to the greater Kittitas Valley
Contest finalists now have about a month to refine their plans before submitting them for final review. A crew of seven judges will meet the contestants January 21st and help us select our contest winners. Our association will announce contest winners at the Enterprise Challenge awards banquet on January 22nd.
To learn more about the Enterprise Challenge click here
Share this article
Other stories in:
"One of our advantages is that our labor force has lower turnover which reduces our overall costs. " - Terry Bliesner, Vice President, Valley Processing